The Frontier District
Serving youth in Green Tree, Carnegie, Crafton, Ingram, Robinson, North Fayette, McKees Rocks, Coraopolis, Moon Township, Imperial, Clinton, Crescent, Heidelberg, Kirwin Heights, Oakdale, Scott, Bridgeville, and South Fayette.
District Committee Meetings -1st Monday of the month Meeting locations TBA
Roundtables - 2nd Thursday of the month at Rosedale Technical Institute, 215 Beacham Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (near the intersection of I-79 and Rt. 60 in Kennedy Township).
DISTRICT EVENTS & DATES
- Klondike Derby/Winter Jamboree at Camp Anawanna on Jan. 13-15, 2017
- Pinewood Derby & Mall Show at The Mall at Robinson on Feb. 4, 2017
- District Fundraiser Event – TBA in March, 2017
- CubMobile – at Settler’s Cabin Park on April 1, 2017
- District Award of Merit Deadline - May 2017
- Spring Camporee – at Camp Anawanna on May 5-7, 2017
- Program Launch & Awards Event - at Clever Park Shelter on June 1, 2017
- Cub Day Camp – at Settler’s Cabin Park on June 21-23, 2017
- Popcorn Kickoff – TBA
- Fall Membership Kickoff & Corn Roast – TBA
- Fall Camporee – TBA
- Scoutmaster Specific / IOLS Training – at Camp Guyasuta on Sept. 29 - Oct.1, 2017
- District Re-chartering – TBA
- Silver Beaver Nomination Deadline - December 1, 2017
- Holiday Party at Roundtable – Dec. 14, 2017
For more information on District Events, please check the District Calendar .
Please "like" us on Facebook to keep up on the latest news and views from the Frontier District at
SEEKING DISTRICT CHAIRMAN
District Chairman, Frontier District, Laurel Highlands Council, BSA (Volunteer)
The Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council seeks a qualified individual to join the “Key 3” leadership team (along with District Executive and District Commissioner) of its Frontier District, serving youth in Green Tree, Carnegie, Crafton, Ingram, Robinson, North Fayette, McKees Rocks, Coraopolis, Moon Township, Imperial, Clinton, Crescent, Heidelberg, Kirwin Heights, Scott, Bridgeville, and South Fayette.
District Chairman Responsibilities include:
- Identify and recruit operating committee chairmen
- Assist committee chairmen recruit members to carry out functions of the district
- Plan (with the District Executive) and preside at District Committee meetings
- Represent the Frontier District on the Laurel Highlands Council Board, once elected
- Help to secure support from top community leaders throughout the Frontier District
- Recognize individuals, committees, and chartered organizations for their accomplishments
No Scouting experience is required. Interested parties may contact District Executive Chad Hunter.
Interested in joining the Frontier District leadership? Contact Chad Hunter to find out how you can help make an impact on the lives of youth we so proudly serve.