The Frontier District
Serving youth in Green Tree, Carnegie, Crafton, Ingram, Robinson, North Fayette, McKees Rocks, Coraopolis, Moon Township, Imperial, Clinton, Crescent, Heidelberg, Kirwin Heights, Oakdale, Scott, Bridgeville, and South Fayette.
Interested in joining The Frontier District Leadership? Contact
Chad Hunter to find out how you can help make an impact on the lives of the youth we so proudly serve.
District Committee Meetings -1st Monday of the month at Rosedale Technical Institute, 215 Beacham Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (near the intersection of I-79 and Rt. 60 in Kennedy Township).
2nd Thursday of the month at Rosedale Technical Institute, 215 Beacham Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (near the intersection of I-79 and Rt. 60 in Kennedy Township).
Please note that Rosedale Tech is unavailable for our Nov. 10th Roundtable. We will instead meet at the CRAFTON COMMUNITY CENTER at 140 Bradford Avenue, Crafton, PA, 15205 - adjacent to the Crafton Municipal Building.
DISTRICT EVENTS & DATES
- Popcorn Pick-up: All money due to council office on Nov. 28
- November Roundtable: Thursday, Nov. 10 at 7:00 p.m. NOTE LOCATION CHANGE – CRAFTON COMMUNITY CENTER
- District Re-charter Events:
- Saturday, Nov. 19 at the McHolme Drive Panera in Robinson from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 8 from 5-6:30 p.m. at Rosedale Tech. just prior to Frontier District Roundtable at 7:00 p.m.
- Units may also recharter at Flag Plaza on Sat. Dec. 10 from 9-11:00 a.m.
- Eagle Scout Recognition Dinner - Tuesday, November 22
- SilverBeaver Nomination Deadline - December 1
- Holiday Party & December Roundtable: Thursday, Dec. 8 at 7:00 p.m. at Rosedale Tech
- Klondike Derby/Winter Jamboree at Camp Anawanna on Jan. 13-15, 2017
- Pinewood Derby & Mall Show at The Mall at Robinson on Feb. 4, 2017
- District Fundraiser Event – TBA in March, 2017
- CubMobile – at Settler’s Cabin Park on April 1, 2017
- District Award of Merit Deadline - May 2017
- Spring Camporee – at Camp Anawanna on May 5-7, 2017
- Program Launch & Awards Event - at Clever Park Shelter on June 1, 2017
- Cub Day Camp – at Settler’s Cabin Park on June 21-23, 2017
- Popcorn Kickoff – TBA
- Fall Membership Kickoff & Corn Roast – TBA
- Fall Camporee – TBA
- Scoutmaster Specific / IOLS Training – at Camp Guyasuta on Sept. 29 - Oct.1, 2017
- District Re-chartering – TBA
- Silver Beaver Nomination Deadline - December 1, 2017
- Holiday Party at Roundtable – Dec. 14, 2017
For more information on District Events, please check the District Calendar .
RECHARTER DATES & LOCATIONS
Saturday, November 19 at Panera Bread, 250 McHolme Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15275 (near IKEA in Robinson) from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Thursday, December 8 at Rosedale Technical Institute, 215 Beecham Dr., Pittsburgh PA 15205 from 5:00pm to 6:30pm (before the District Roundtable begins at 7:00pm)
Saturday, December 10 at Flag Plaza, 1275 Bedford Ave. Pittsburgh PA 15219 from 9:00am to 11:00am
Please "like" us on Facebook to keep up on the latest news and views from the Frontier District at
SEEKING DISTRICT CHAIRMAN
District Chairman, Frontier District, Laurel Highlands Council, BSA (Volunteer)
The Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council seeks a qualified individual to join the “Key 3” leadership team (along with District Executive and District Commissioner) of its Frontier District, serving youth in Green Tree, Carnegie, Crafton, Ingram, Robinson, North Fayette, McKees Rocks, Coraopolis, Moon Township, Imperial, Clinton, Crescent, Heidelberg, Kirwin Heights, Scott, Bridgeville, and South Fayette.
District Chairman Responsibilities include:
- Identify and recruit operating committee chairmen
- Assist committee chairmen recruit members to carry out functions of the district
- Plan (with the District Executive) and preside at District Committee meetings
- Represent the Frontier District on the Laurel Highlands Council Board, once elected
- Help to secure support from top community leaders throughout the Frontier District
- Recognize individuals, committees, and chartered organizations for their accomplishments
No Scouting experience is required. Interested parties may contact District Executive Chad Hunter.
Interested in joining the Frontier District leadership? Contact Chad Hunter to find out how you can help make an impact on the lives of youth we so proudly serve.